The IG-500N is the world smallest GPS enhanced miniature Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS). With its embedded Extended Kalman Filter, the IG-500N delivers unmatched precision on attitude and position measurements in very high dynamic conditions.
AHRS and Navigation sensor!
The IG-500N includes a MEMS based Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), a GPS receiver and a pressure sensor. It provides a precise and drift-free 3D orientation and position, even in high G maneuvers at high updates rates, up to 100 Hz.
Thanks to an advanced individual sensors calibration procedure associated with an onboard Extended Kalman Filter (EKF), this miniature Inertial Navigation System (INS) provides a very accurate 3D orientation and position.
By removing transient accelerations measured by the GPS receiver, the delivered attitude is better than 0.45° RMS making this device a good alternative to expensive FOG-based AHRS.
- GPS enhanced 3D velocity, position and orientation at high update rate (100 Hz)
- Accurate attitude even in high G maneuvers
- Advanced Motion Profiles to match each application
- Automatic magnetic declination and local gravity
- Up to 0.35°RMS in Underwater Environment
- 1kHz coning and FIR filtering for vibrations immunity
- Precise UTC referenced output and SyncOut signal
- Embedded 4Hz, 50 channels GPS receiver & barometric sensor
- Calibrated over full temperature range -40 to 85°C for bias, gain, misalignments, cross-axis and gyro-g
- Soft and hard iron magnetometers calibration
- Protocols RS-232, RS-422, CAN 2.0 A/B and USB
- NMEA / ASCII output for GPS drop in replacement
- Very compact and lightweight design (44 grams)
- Very low power design down to 800 mW
- Robust and high precision aluminum enclosure
- OEM version available for best integration (10 grams)
→ Read more about OEM Version.
Sales Contact for inquiries & orders
Download the IG-500N Leaflet
Check out the sbgCenter demo
Need a More Accurate INS? See Ekinox INS
SmartFusion Makes Sensor Integration "As Easy As a Click":
SmartFusion Motion Profiles include more than Kalman Filter parameters; they also adjust automatically to Vibration level, Dynamic model, Magnetic disturbance immunity, and specific application constraints.
Moreover, the interface gives customers the freedom to choose some advanced parameters, and offers useful suggestions such as Recommended heading sources or Placement requirements.
Available Motion Profiles: Airplane, Helicopter, Automotive, Marine, Underwater, etc. A customized profile can also be designed for a specific environment.
→ Read more about SmartFusion.
Sailing races are very demanding applications where performance and robustness are critical. The IG-500N is used to help skippers taking the most of their boat.
The low weight, low power consumption of the IG-500N is also very important to maximize boat performance.
Thanks to its high performance and small size, the IG-500N is a perfect solution for stabilization and navigation of large to miniature Unmanned Vehicles.
The outputted 3D orientation and position can directly feed an autopilot system letting you focus on your application.
Car motion analysis
The IG-500N combines an embedded GPS receiver and an Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) to provide accurate and robust 3D orientation and position at high update rates.
This device is a good solution to measure and analyze car motion, such as chassis roll over detection, optimal trajectory determination, over and under steering characterization.
The high accuracy of the IG-500N attitude, its very small size, low power consumption and low cost enable new application fields in aviation industry.
In an amazing small package, the IG-500N advantageously replaces the Attitude, Heading, Turn/Bank, Vertical Speed, and even Altimeter indicators.
→ Read more about our applications.
In the starting box...
SBG Systems has designed a powerful and easy to use Development Kit for this product. In just a few seconds, you can start evaluating and configuring your new device and integrate it in your application.
→ Read more about our Development Kit.