The IG-500E is a high performance miniature and cost effective aided inertial navigation and orientation sensor (AHRS). Thanks to a revolutionary architecture, the IG-500E accepts various external aiding information to deliver unmatched precision for both attitude and position measurements.
Enhance your capabilities!
The IG-500E combines a MEMS based calibrated Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and an on board real time Extended Kalman Filter to fuse inertial data with external aiding information such as GPS position, true heading or even odometer velocities.
At a very affordable price, the IG-500E provides a precise drift-free 3D orientation and a smooth position even in difficult conditions such as in urban canyons or during short GPS outages.
By removing transient accelerations, calculated using external aiding information, the attitude accuracy is greatly improved compared to traditional AHRS.
- Aided 3D velocity, position and orientation at high update rate (100 Hz)
- Accepts a wide range of external aiding data such as RTK, GPS compass, odometers, DVL, USBL, ...
- Advanced Motion Profiles to match each application
- 1kHz coning and FIR filtering for vibrations immunity
- Accurate attitude even in high G maneuvers
- Automatic magnetic declination and local gravity
- Precise UTC referenced output
- SyncOut / Trigger, SyncIn, odometer input pulses
- Calibrated over full temperature range -40 to 85°C for bias, gain, misalignments, cross-axis and gyro-g
- Soft and hard iron magnetometers calibration
- Protocols RS-232, RS-422, CAN 2.0 A/B and USB
- NMEA / ASCII output for GPS drop in replacement
- Very compact and lightweight design (49 grams)
- Ultra low power design down to 650 mW
- Robust and high precision aluminum enclosure
- OEM version available for best integration (10 grams)
→ Read more about OEM Version.
Sales Contact for inquiries & orders
Download the IG-500E Leaflet
Check out the sbgCenter demo
Need a More Accurate INS? See Ekinox INS
SmartFusion Makes Sensor Integration "As Easy As a Click":
SmartFusion Motion Profiles include more than Kalman Filter parameters; they also adjust automatically to Vibration level, Dynamic model, Magnetic disturbance immunity, and specific application constraints.
Moreover, the interface gives customers the freedom to choose some advanced parameters, and offers useful suggestions such as Recommended heading sources or Placement requirements.
Available Motion Profiles: Airplane, Helicopter, Automotive, Marine, Underwater, etc. A customized profile can also be designed for a specific environment.
→ Read more about SmartFusion.
Underwater position in a small package? What an interesting challenge! The IG-500E will revolutionize underwater inertial navigation by enabling Doppler Velocity Logger (DVL) and inertial sensor fusion in a small, lightweight and affordable product.
The IG-500E is not restricted to DVL systems! You can also connect USBL (Ultra-short baseline) system for absolute positioning.
Need more accuracy, even in challenging environments? The IG-500E can be fused with Real Time Kinematic (RTK) GPS, providing a centimeter accuracy.
Even more? Connect up to 2 odometers to improve position robustness even when short GPS outages occur.
By using the IG-30A 3D compass as a remote magnetometers, the IG-500E can be easily integrated in your system even in disturbed magnetic environment.
You can even use an IG-30G compass+GPS for both smooth navigation data and reliable 3D orientation (roll, pitch, heading).
Widely used in aeronautic industry, remote magnetometers can be wing or tail mounted keeping the IG-500E installed near the gravity center of the airframe.
Calibration free compass
SBG Systems have always been at the forefront of magnetic calibration algorithms. But even the best magnetic field mapper system cannot provide a reliable information in unstable magnetic environments.
By using a Dual antennas GPS receiver, the IG-500E enables an accurate and reliable true heading that doesn't require any calibration procedure and perfectly works even in magnetically disturb environments.
→ Read more about our applications.
In the starting box...
SBG Systems has designed a powerful and easy to use Development Kit for this product. In just a few seconds, you can start evaluating and configuring your new device and integrate it in your application.
→ Read more about our Development Kit.